WHAT IS 5S?
- It is the name of a workplace organization method that uses a list of five Japanese words:
SEIRI, SEITON, SEISO, SEIKETSU, and SHITSUKE
- It is a structured program to systematically achieve total organization, cleanliness, and standardization in the workplace.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) system ensures that manufacturing products, such as food, beverages, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical products, dietary supplements and medical devices, are consistently produced and controlled according to set quality standards. Every aspect of the manufacturing process is examined and covered by GMP to guard against any risks that can be terrible for products, such as cross-contamination and mislabeling. Implementing GMP can help cut down on losses and waste, and protects both the company and consumer from negative food safety events.
Each company will have to define for themselves, looking at the losses, which affect the plant performance. Generally, PQCDSM acronym is used as a concept of TPM to set and evaluate the KPIs as per following ways:
P – Productivity, Q – Quality , C – Cost, D – Delivery, S – Safety and M – Morals
Six Sigma is a set of techniques, and tools for improvement. It was developed by Motorola. Sir Bill Smith, “ the Father of six sigma” introduce this quality improvement Methodology to Motorola. Six Sigma is now an enormous ‘brand’ in the world of corporate development.
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is –
- To set a goal to maximise equipment efficiency (overall efficiency).
- By establishing a total system for PM for the entire life of equipment.
- Participation by all departments, including equipment planning, operating and maintenance departments.
- Involving all personnel, including top personnel to first-line operators.
- For promoting PM by motivation management, namely, by autonomous small-group activities.
TQM implies that every one associated with the organization is committed towards continual improvement of the organization through customer satisfaction. Meeting quality expectations as defined by the customer. Integrated organizational effort designed to improve quality of processes at every business level